Toys, especially stuffed animals, are your children’s best friends. Kids are so fascinated by these playmates that they hardly leave them out of their sight. Some children play with their stuffed friends while others toss, flip, bite, drag, hit and throw them! And after your kid has had his fill playing with his teddy bear at the end of the day, it looks filthy. It is not just smeared in dirt and grime but also covered with germs and microbes.
There are different types of toys – some are made from fabric, others from plastic, and some are electrical as well. Hence, the approach to cleaning the toys should be different so that these are clean, look good and also in a working condition.
To help out new mothers, we have jotted down a few ways to clean and disinfect your kid’s toys.
- You can easily clean toys made from rubber and plastic like building blocks and bricks, animal figures, etc. by putting them on the top rack of your dishwasher. Place the large toys between the rack lines and put the small ones inside a net bag. You can select the sanitising cycle and heat dry. Once you take the toys out of the dishwasher, make sure to air dry or dry them using a microfiber towel from Grubless. Ensure that the toys are not wet before giving it back to your kids to play.
- Disinfect the toys every day after your child has played with them using Disinfectant Spray and Wipe Solution. Once the process is over, air dry them to ensure there are no remnants of the cleaning solution.
- Cleaning stuffed animals can be tricky especially if it cannot be washed. If the toy can be washed, then ensure that you put it inside a pillow cover and tie a knot at the top before putting it inside the washing machine. Put warm water and select the delicate cycle mode on your machine. Then select slow spin to get rid of the water. Then you can take the toy out and use your hair dryer on medium settings to fluff up the fur on it.
- If the stuffed fabric toy can’t be washed, then make a sudsy solution using a detergent, dip a cloth in it and run it over the toy thoroughly. Then rinse it using a cloth dipped in clean water and wrung out. You can then air dry the toy or use hair dryer.
- Cleaning electronic toys is also a difficult job. You can run a cloth dipped in a cleaning solution and wrung out. Then rinse it using another clean cloth dipped in normal water and wrung out. To disinfect it, use a disinfectant spray and wipe it down.
Whenever you clean your child’s toy using cleaning agents and disinfectants, make sure you wipe it again using a clean damp cloth and air dry it to remove any chemical residues. You can invest in organic cleaning solutions and disinfectants from Grubless. Grubless Cleaning Services in Brisbane has been in the cleaning industry for more than 20 years with its range of cleaning products and supplies in Sumner, Indooroopilly, Toowong and Milton. If you are a first-time mother, it is imperative you clean and disinfect toys more frequently to keep germs and bacteria at bay.