Keep Your Work Environment Disinfected
The emergence of the COVID 19 pandemic has brought in drastic changes in the way we live and work. Many organisations have implemented the remote working model almost overnight but not all organisations have the privilege to opt for the same. Companies are working with sensitive materials or/and proprietary systems, which require employees to be on-premise to get the job done.
Grubless with its best cleaning supplies in Brisbane wants to help everyone stay healthy while sharing common workspaces. In this blog, we have tried to cover the fundamentals of a healthy and sanitized work environment. As we navigate through this never experienced before public health condition, here are certain office safety tips that are definitely going to provide you with both knowledge and mental peace.
The National COVID 19 Coordination Commission (NCCC) has clearly stated that the virus spread is unavoidable but a proper disinfection regime can reduce the count of affected people significantly. Employers should feel responsible for every person coming to their offices; therefore maintaining a virus-free space is the primary mandate right now.
The government has already provided detailed instruction on workspace disinfection, which should be followed closely. At the same time, you should also pay heed to certain key points:
- Use disposable gloves, aprons and masks before cleaning or/and disinfection. Remove them carefully once your work is done and throw them immediately post-cleaning in the trash disposal bean.
- Make sure to execute the cleaning process before disinfection. Cleaning with the soap water solution first reduces the viral load thus helping the disinfectant to be more efficacious on surfaces.
- If you can’t get a disinfectant handy, you can also use a solution of bleach and water.
- While using disinfectant wipes, ensure that you use a single wipe for cleaning one surface at a time; keep adequate wipes for keeping target surfaces wet for approximately four minutes.
- Never miss out on cleaning high-touch surfaces regularly. Some of the common high-touch surfaces include doorknobs, tables, phone receivers, hard-backed chairs, elevator buttons, sinks, desks, toilets, handles, touch-screens etc.
- Also disinfect digital signage, touch-screen kiosks and shared electronics regularly.
You should make sure that your office space has all the cleaning essentials in stock to execute the disinfection process properly.
Grubless Cleaning Supplies houses top cleaning products in Brisbane; we have a diverse range of cleaning supplies that include cleaning chemicals, washroom consumables, cleaning equipment and janitorial supplies. While we have many contract cleaners and commercial clients to service, we are also directly open to common customers.
Keep visiting the space – in the upcoming parts of the blog series we shall discuss some important facts related to air quality and ventilation systems, physical distancing methods and we shall also come up with some additional tips to keep your workspace safe.