With the pandemic in its full swing for a while, most of us have got well-acquainted with the phrase – High Touch Surfaces. They are surfaces that people end up touching several times a day and hence they require constant disinfection especially during the COVID 19 situation. The common high touch surfaces are
- Elevator Buttons
- Door Knobs
- Cupboard Handles
- Stair Railings
- Reception Desks
- Fitness Equipments
- Chair Handles
- Vending Machines
- Credit Card Readers
World Health Orgnization (WHO) has stated that similar to other strands of Corona Virus, COVID 19 too stays on high touch surfaces for a longer duration. While it is still not certain exactly for how long the virus stays on the surface, as per estimation it can survive on such surfaces at least for a few hours and sometimes for several days.
Here’s an approximate rundown of how long the virus can survive on various surfaces of your home:
- Glass: 96 hours
- Plastic: 72 hours
- Stainless Steel: 72 hours
- Plastered Wall: 36 hours
- Formica: 36 hours
This entails that the virus can survive on countertops for more than a day, kitchen surfaces for up to three days and cell phone screens for almost four days.
Please note that some disinfectants come combined with cleaners while some come separately. Grubless, one of the largest suppliers of cleaning product accessories in Brisbane brings to you an account of the complete disinfection process.
For disinfecting high touch surfaces
Manual disinfection with cloth and spray bottle
- Clean the surface with a suitable cleaning solution beforehand and let it dry (this step is required only if you are using a disinfectant that does not come combined with the cleaner)
- Follow the product label for dosage and mix it as recommended
- Put the mixture all over the surface
- Again, for the reaction time follow the label instruction
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water (for dining or kitchen areas, rinse with drinking water; however if you are using Lemon Tyne Disinfectant from the House of Grubless then you don’t have to worry because the disinfectant is absolutely Food Safe)
The process remains almost the same even when you are disinfecting with a pressure cleaner or a spraying unit; however, the impact is somewhat different.
Tips for Disinfection
- Wear disposable gloves for the disinfection process and throw them immediately after the completion of the process
- Make sure that your skin is not exposed while carrying out the disinfection process
Grubless provides complete cleaning supplies in Brisbane with an array of disinfectants such as Lemon Tyne Commercial Grade, Deodorizer Oakwood Mist, Citrus Cleaner Spray & Wipe, Premium Spray & Wipe with Eucalyptus, and many more. All of them are as effective; you have to pick the one that suits your requirement the best.